Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I Think When I Quit Smoking I Substituted Cigarettes with Cheese

These and other stories are forthcoming.

And yes, I smoked for years. Manpants and I quit on the same day three years ago and suffice it to say I believe without a doubt that I have successfully managed to substitute my pack a day habit with a brick a day habit of fine aged sharp cheddar. Recently, I found my self succumbing to the "fake smoke", i.e. those herbal cigarettes that actors that don't smoke use when they have to smoke in movies. Man. No tobacco or nicotine, but it sure felt great. I admit it. I love the act of smoking.

A dear friend of mine on another post ran across this little tidbit, and boy howdy, some of it rang familiar....

Anyone out there suffering from BLOG DEPRESSION? Oh yes. It's real. The pamphlet says so, so it must be true. READ HERE.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I thought it was hormone related. In my twenties I had the occasional, odd, moldy piece of American cheese in the back of the fridge. These days if I don't have Lemon Stilton, Brie, and a big block of parmesan (that I eat from with a potato peeler all day) I start to get edgy. I met a woman the other day that hated ALL CHEESE. Can you fathom?!!

16 August, 2005 10:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was actually 3 years, two months and 5 days ago that we quit smoking. But we don't miss it at all.

16 August, 2005 16:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quit 15 years ago - just threw 'em down cause I was tired of "quitting" - haven't looked back. Of course I've substituted grumpiness for nicotine, but perhaps I'll be an "old grump". :)

BTW - I think the psyche business is going to make a fortune off of us, one blog at a time!

16 August, 2005 16:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a psychological addiction to smoking which goes along with my addiction to blogging, and since I only crave a cigarette when I write, the solution is Starbucks which forms its own kind of addiction

17 August, 2005 09:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Manpants not only reads your blog he comments?!! Totally jealous.

17 August, 2005 13:37  
Blogger frstlymil said...

Yup, I'm going to have to get Manpants to be a Guest Poster now that he's come out of the lurking closet and is actually commenting.

17 August, 2005 14:53  
Blogger Betsy said...

Part-skim mozarella string cheese. It travels well, the kids love it, and it's low fat ~ for a cheese, I mean.

I quit smoking slowly by keeping a pack in the freezer, and finally threw the pack away when I started leading an aerobics class almost twenty years ago. I needed to breathe, not gasp.

The blogger depression brochure is hilarious and very true. I've gotten over feeling any need to post just to post. I'm kinda thankful I don't have a following, as you do. There's no one hanging out waiting for me to post, so I'm free to go outside and play...

We, your faithful readers, are so needy for your wit and wisdom that we miss you when you haven't posted for three days. I just hope you don't lie awake at night in a cold sweat (or HF!) thinking, "Must not disappoint my readers! Must post tomorrow!"

The most faithful will wait. You're worth it!

02 September, 2005 11:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home