Tuesday, May 31, 2005

NUDE ART MODELING


NUDE ART MODEL? OR WILD-GIRL-SEX-PUPPET?


NUDE ART MODEL, OR WILD-BOY-SEX PUPPET?

Waddaya think. Betty Page – was she a crazy exhibitionist with ecdysiast tendencies, or yet another art model in a long line of memorable nudes dating back to ancient Greece? And how 'bout that guy who modeled for what came to be known as “David” - ancient Himbo? One look at the abs, and I'm thinking ART. A few of you e mailed me about my little comment about doing a little nude art modeling over the Memorial Day weekend – one email to warn me off of such a foolhardy and immature action for someone of my advancing age (so what about 40 being the new 20!?...Huh?)– one email to simply remind me that it will come back to haunt me one day...and one email to simply ask me to please elaborate in my next post...

So, to tell you a little bit about what it is like, it boils down to this. Imagine yourself opening a birthday card from a dear friend...a dear friend you did a favor for back when they were a struggling art student in need of subjects for a series on women who died of consumption in the 16th century - and you were a bit on the thin side, so you decided to be a true friend. Years later, you open said birthday card, getting a little weepy over the lovely opening sentiment on the cover of the hand made card which says, “I’ve known you and admired you for years...I’ve seen you grow as a person, I’ve seen you prosper...but mostly...(and you open the card to see an old naked photo of you taken for said series on women who died of consumption in the 16th century)...I’ve seen you naked! Snort!”

See how glamorous it can be? Now...just what does that make me? Crazy-wild-girl-sex-puppet? Nude art model? Crazy wild-girl-sex-puppet-after-40? Or a seriously naïve friend that just keeps falling for sob stories from friends claiming to need subjects for a series on. . . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger Ignatius M. Dedd said...

This place just gets better and better.

01 June, 2005 10:25  
Blogger The Catharine Chronicles said...

OhmyGod! I am Millicent Frastley! I recently posed nude for a friend of mine as well, and she's in the process of helping get a fairly steady gig as a nude art model. And I'm 46. And I've given birth. And I could stand to lose about 15 pounds.

It was an interesting experience. Posing for an artist is the only way we get to see ourselves through someone else's eyes. It's amazing how the thing you hate about your body can become beautiful when filtered through someone else's brain.

It's also pickin' hard work. After five hours, I was exhausted.

Good on ya, girl!

~CA~

01 June, 2005 12:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who told you you were too old?!! I'll spit on them. That is ridiculous. I simply told you that you were begging to be called as a witness in the Michael Jackson case where they would discount your statements based on the fact that you once posed nude. Or something. I was making a funny. While still cheering you on. Hell...just go ahead and put up the live nude millicent webcam next to your eyeball picture. Just to show them what 40 looks like nowadays. I hate when people tell me I look 23. I tell them "No I look 37..this is what it looks like" I think you ROCK. Too old my ass!!!

01 June, 2005 15:24  
Blogger PATCAM 2009 said...

and better, and better.

It's all art to me man...lol

02 June, 2005 14:25  
Blogger Jet said...

I took several art classes in college with nude models, and what was the most interesting thing to me was seeing the same model through the eyes of so many different artists. Truly, the gift of seeing goes far beyong the gift of actual sight.

Forgive me, Mill dear, but here's a meme with your name on it.

05 June, 2005 16:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This meme is for you dahlink. Chttp://fromlookoutmountain.blogspot.com/2005/06/may-all-you-taggers-burn-in-hell.htmlonsider yourself tagged.

05 June, 2005 17:45  
Blogger carrie said...

older models generally make more interesting subjects for the artist.

11 June, 2005 13:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home