Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Pump Up The Volume

Yesterday was a very bad day. There is really no good way to put this. I woke up with a funny feeling and decided I wanted to go to the hospital earlier than everyone had suggested. My mother came with me. We got paged very early on and the surgeon informed us that they were not able to do the surgery - that when they opened her up they found that the cancer has spread to the liver. Her only option at this point will be chemo, which will start in about 5 to 6 weeks. The prognosis is not good.

We were present when the doctor gave my sister the news. She handled it remarkably well, turned to me after the doctor left and said, "My prognosis sucks" and immediately started trying to take care of us and our feelings. I think today will be a very different day after she has had the chance to truly take it in, process the information and speak with the doctor.

I'm pumping up the volume on the positive energy. She has said that she will fight this, get well and finish grad school. So that's what we're going to help her do.

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers, good wishes, Reiki, distance healing...the works - it's all welcome.

Be well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God Millicent. I'm so sorry for that. She is a fighter, though, that girl. If anyone can do it...she can. And you are just the sister to make her. Will continue to send you all good thoughts and prayers. Hang tough.

26 October, 2005 09:26  
Blogger The Catharine Chronicles said...

Oh, Mil... I'm so sorry. Here's the good vibes, to make sure her chemo knows its job and does it to the fullest.

Good luck.

~C~

26 October, 2005 14:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home