Thursday, January 06, 2005

WHEN BLONDES GIVE US A BAD NAME

We all know who they are. They are the Cameron Diaz wannabes that have minds as pure as the driven snow – not violated by a single thought. They are the ones that put women back about 100 years by perpetuating the dumb and helpless blonde stereotype as a means of getting away with whatever it is they want to get away with...traffic tickets, homework assignments, taking out the garbage, jury duty...for those of us of a similar physical type, and there are a lot of us, who actually read, who do our work without expecting someone to do it for us just because we are cute and still have a great ass, who can occasionally use a cordless drill without breaking a nail...the “DUH” population makes it very difficult to refrain from performing an illegal act of assault that involves beating them about the head and shoulders with a current edition of the New York Times or Atlantic Monthly while screaming, STOP WEARING FAKE NIPPLES IN YOUR BRA!!!!!

Or something like that.

For example, I am one of two blonde haired, blue eyed, female students in my Political Science class - POL SC 112: Race, Ethnicity, and the Politics of Difference. Our textbook is Racial and Ethnic Politics in California. Got it?

Day one.

Blondie: “Um, question?”

Professor: “Yes?”

Blondie: “I don’t see anything in this book about Europeans. Will you be discussing white European immigrants to the US?”

Professor: “This course deals with Race, Ethnicity and the politics dealing with people of color or minority as it pertains to the State of California – so no, that really won’t be part of the course.”

Blondie: “Why?”

Professor: “Did you read the course description when you signed up for the class?”

Blondie: “Well, yeah. I just don’t understand why it has to just be about that though.”

Professor: “Perhaps Poli Sci 1 would be an alternate choice for you to this one?”

Blondie: “No, I don’t want to take that one.”


My professor is a patient saint.



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao. As a very hot blond myself I feel your pain. It usually takes opening my mouth a few times for people to take me seriously and not rattle off a "babe" "sweetheart" "princess" when they start to address me. My favorite thing was a girl in college said to me "Wow, I thought you'd be really really stupid. But your NOT your so smart!!" Um...thanks. I..think. And it's not like I wear Tammy Faye makeup, inappropriate clothing, or have big boobs. My nipples are even my own. So I just don't get it. And then you meet assholes like the one you just described..and you get it. Some people used their looks to coast along, and didn't come out the other end for the better. In fact, when they get to be our parents age..Stupid blondes turn out like this www.caosblog.com

06 January, 2005 11:33  
Blogger frstlymil said...

Good God. I went to Cow. I mean Cao. I wouldn't want to live in that brain for 30 seconds.

06 January, 2005 12:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously

09 January, 2005 03:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

13 January, 2005 10:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

13 January, 2005 10:15  
Blogger Betsy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

27 January, 2005 19:21  
Blogger Betsy said...

I had Lunch Duty at my kids' school with a PYT blonde who was bemoaning the fact that she was about to turn 30... like, "Oh my Gawd! I am SO OLD!" I told her (almost felt like calling her honey): "Hey, you're still a young puppy at 30 ~ relax and enjoy your 30s ~ I DID!"

She stared at me in disbelief then asked me how old I am.

"42."

"Oh my Gawd! You look great for 42! I thought you were only about 36!!"

Wow. I fooled her, didn't I?

27 January, 2005 19:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home